The 7th EuroGOOS conference will be held on October 28-30, 2014 in Lisbon.
Every three years the EuroGOOS conference provides a forum for interaction between marine scientists and technologists that develop Operational Oceanography services, users and stakeholders, including the private sector and decision and policy makers.
The key priorities of the 7th conference will be to:
- identify new operational services and methods of interaction with users, with emphasis on sustained economic growth;
- highlight the challenges of monitoring and forecasting the biogeochemical state of the seas and oceans and prioritize the required RTD with emphasis on the needs of relevant directives such as the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) and its regional implementation;
- develop new strategies and plans for key European initiatives (Copernicus Marine Service, EOOS-European Ocean Observing System) and their links to the Global programs (GOOS, GODAE – Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment).
The main themes of the conference are:
- Meeting end-user needs and supporting Blue Growth;
- Copernicus: Towards a European Centre for Ocean Monitoring and Forecasting;
- Ocean modelling and forecasting: extending and improving predictability;
- In-situ and remote sensing observations: towards a European Ocean Observing System (EOOS)
A second announcement and call for abstracts will be issued in January 2014.
For more information, please contact email@example.com