In this section you find information about the Web – GIS GeoPortal for IONIO data. The design of the information system is based on the concepts of ‘federation’ and ‘layers’.
Data management and archive is done locally by the IONIO partners on the base of the ‘themes’ mentioned in the slider above.
The slider displays in particular a list of data which can be accessed/visualized while giving access to the IONIO environmental data, organized through different themes from the ocean to the atmosphere.
At the moment there are three links already working:
- AFS – Adriatic Forecasting System: direct link to AFS forecasting system, based on POM model, which provides 7 days forecasts for the Adriatic Sea and sub-areas, for some oceanographic variables.
You can access and download the AFS data for free via ftp server simply by writing an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive an account (username and password) to gain access to the data.
- IFS – Ionian Forecasting System: direct link to IFS forecasting system, based on the SANI2 (Southern Adriatic – Northern Ionian Sea 2) model, which was developed on the basis of the Princeton Ocean model (POM).
The model covers the southern Adriatic and the north and central Ionian Sea and provides daily forecasts for some oceanographic variables.
- Observational data: direct link to the IONIO Insitu data portal providing access to vocabularies, data in delayed mode, protocols, publications in order to allow a comprehensive consultation of data;
- Access to data: direct link to the IONIO Insitu database, providing observational data from buoys and ship of opportunities;
- OPeNDAP: direct link to the HCMR hydrodynamic and wave operational hourly forecasts for the Southern Adriatic and Northern Ionian (SANI) area.
The other items of the slider will be ready soon and provide access to ocean, atmosphere and waves data.
The HCMR hydrodynamic and wave operational hourly forecasts for the Southern Adriatic and Northern Ionian (SANI) area can be download through the following opendap address; data visualization (as provided for AFS forecasting system) will be available soon.
The local information systems is the first layer of the IONIO information system. Locally, the data managers build metadata using the experience of SeaDataNet, the pan – European infrastructure for ocean and marine data management.
The IONIO scientific team is currently working on the production and analysis of the other data which will be displayed in the Spatial data Themes box. All the links which are not available at the moment will be activated shortly.